Ok, time for me to come clean, I'm a blogging virgin. If it wasn't for Krista, I still would be. However, this is an ingenious way to keep a process book, so I won't complain.
As anybody who was in class the first day knows, our homework for 10/1 is to 1) create a blog. 2) Find six sounds for our first project. I've dutifully accomplished both! obviously this is my blog... which is a bit sparse right now and I'm really not sure what all it is capable of or how to do anything awesome with it. This is all very new to me.
As far as my sound bits go... here they are... i think:
Thunder or thunder/rain - pretty similar, I think I like the rain one better.
Dog growl - there is a lot of noise and action, both sharp and softer sounds, that die away to a few quiet and soft rumbles and the end of the clip
Adjusting radio - no real crescendo, but not too constant. A mix of softer and harsher sounds
Copy machine - several different sounds, they repeat but they aren't necessarily rhythmic
Horse running - starts off loud and then fades away, sounds kind of destructive
Wildcat - like the dog growl there is lot of noise at the beginning followed by a few last rumblings towards the end of the clip
Hopefully that worked, if it didn't please tell me.
As for the class itself, I'm really excited. I've wanted to learn this material for a while, and this seems like it could be a really fun class if everybody comes into it read to try new things and help each other out. I apologize in advance to all of the "key players" I will pester on a regular basis this term. I also thank anyone who helps for having patience with me. Anyways I'm looking forward to this class and to expanding my skill set. That is all for now.
02 - Basic concepts
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment